Respiratory Medicine Unit Risk Assessments
All staff within the Respiratory Unit are under jurisdiction of the University of Oxford and the NDMRB. Therefore, you must adhere to the health and safety rules of the University of Oxford as well as the NDM Research Building local rules.
1. COSHH Risk Assessments
The entirety of the NDMRB groups have compiled there COSHH RA into one spreadsheet which can be found here.
A copy of the relevant RA can be found on the first shelf in the first bay of the laboratory, it is kept up-to-date by laboratory management. Group members must sign the declaration form to confirm they are read and understood the RA and will comply with the necessary precautions.
Specifically Respiratory Medicine Staff will be working routinely with the following RA:
- Biological COSHH RA:
- Haemophilus influenzae
- Streptococcus pneumonia
- Pseudonomas aeruginosa
- Moraxella catarrhalis
- Staphylococcus aureus
- Substances COSHH RA:
- Follow this link for the list of COSHH forms and COSHH spreadsheet
2. General Risk Assessments
Work in Respiratory Medicine is covered by the following RA:
- RM-RA-001: Safe use and storage of chemicals
- RM-RA-002: New and expectant mothers
- RM-RA-003: Working in the sputum laboratory
- RM-RA-004: Safe use of centrifuges
- RM-RA-005: Safe us of the col rooms
- RM-RA-006: Lone working in the sputum laboratory
- RM-RA-007: Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI)
- RM-RA-008: Working on the open bench
- RM-RA-009: Blood separation
- RM-RA-010: Bacterial work
- RM-RA-011: Safe use of dry ice
- RM-RA-012: Safe use of -80C freezers
3. Genetically Modified Organism Risk Assessment
As part of the The Genetically Modified Organisms (Contained Use) Regulations 2014, an appropriate RA approved by the NDMRB Genetic Modification Safety Committee is required before any work or storage of genetically modified organism (GMO) can commence.