Please make sure you book a room before you use it.
We have three board room style meeting rooms and a seminar room that are available for meetings.
You can view room availability here but to book a room you will need to fill in and submit the form further below. The auto reply you receive after submitting the form is not a confirmation that your room has been booked - please wait for reception to respond to you directly confirming your booking.
Please ensure that your event follows the University Code of Practice on Meetings and Events
For external room bookings please contact NDMRB reception directly.
You must notify reception of any visitors you are expecting for meetings or otherwise by using the Advanced Visitor Notice form.
- Fire alarm tests are scheduled to happen every Thursday at 11:00am - Please bear this in mind when making a booking
- Please make all external guests aware of general housekeeping information e.g. fire call points, meeting points and WCs at the start of every meeting.
- All meeting rooms have 60" screens for presentations, please bring your own laptop (VGA or HMDI connection) to plug into the screens.
- All meeting rooms have a phone that can be used for conferences.
- The basement, first and second floor meeting rooms have a capacity of 12 people, the seminar room has a capacity of 70 people in lecture theatre style.
- The seminar room has a projection screen and a PC in the lectern, please bring in your memory stick if you wish to use this
- There is a lapel microphone, hand held microphone, presentation pointer and laser pointer available to use if these are needed. We recommend that people use additional microphones in the seminar room due to air level sounds. Please ask at reception.
- The meeting and seminar rooms cannot be used for business activities, e.g. a conference where charges to delegates are made, without the explicit authorisation of the Business Manager.
- All staff arranging meetings should make it clear that attendees are encouraged to use public transport and that the provision of a visitor's parking permit is an exception rather than a rule. This is in line with the University's parking regulations.
- When you are using any of the meeting rooms, the fire exits must remain clear and unblocked at all times. If you have external visitors, they must be informed of the appropriate emergency procedures. If an outside body would like to use the meeting rooms for a meeting connected with the building, please make sure that this is arranged via the Buildings and Facilities Manager Darren Blase, so he is aware of any parking implications, and that all Health and Safety requirements are met.
- If you arrange to have catering, please arrange for it to be collected at the end of your meeting. Ensure all crockery and waste is placed on the catering trolley.
Trolleys will need to be taken to the basement level kitchen and the end of a meeting by the person(s) who organised the catering ready for pick up. Please ask reception if you are unsure exactly where the basement kitchen is.
- Please be aware: If you organise catering for your meeting, a mandatory 15 minutes will be added on to either side of your booking slot, resulting in a total of 30 extra minutes.
To place catering orders please see their menu for options and fill out this form. If you have any questions please contact Compass directly via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by tel: (01865)270087.